Trending:

ADS

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Facebook Video Calling Not Supported On Linux and Chromium

As soon as the Facebook's new feature video calling was out, I thought of giving it a try. I tried to install video calling in my Chromium browser. But I was unable to install the video chat on chromium.It displayed me the message " We are sorry ! video calling is not available in this browser.Please try again with another browser."


After going to video calling page on Facebook, I figured out Chromium is not supported by it. Instead i have to install Google Chrome. So i installed Google chrome on my system. Here is the list of browsers supporting video calling.



Installing chrome was also not helpful to me. Again I found out the problem is that I was on linux system. Currently video calling is not available on linux system. :(
I haven't found other ways of installing video chat on linux system. If I find one I will surely share it over here.

6 Responses to “Facebook Video Calling Not Supported On Linux and Chromium”

Andrew said...
July 7, 2011 at 1:24 PM

How unsurprising.

Of course, this might be for a few reasons:
- Skype refuses to code for Flash for various reasons
- Note that all info written on our end (debug logs, etc) by the client is also encrypted with multiple rounds of an RC4 implementation
- Since now Skype is owned by MS, they might just get around to supporting Silverlight (and promoting that instead of Flash) but probably never Moonlight; in the end this might be good (less crashy Flash) but I want 0 binary plug-ins
- Skype will never be open source in any capacity


Mohit Baskota said...
July 7, 2011 at 1:38 PM

yeah so true. MS owned skype is not willing to code for flash and thats right it might just get around supporting silverlight. Microsoft creates a lot of trouble for users for the sake of its marketing. MS needs to grow up !! They can never ever understand the meaning of opensource. Lets hope it starts coading with moonlight. Else I am happy with GOOGLE+ HANGOUT than facebook's crappy Video calling.


Anonymous said...
December 21, 2011 at 3:44 PM

try with wine and Mozilla for Windows


kielBASS said...
December 28, 2011 at 1:28 AM

I don't understand what is the big deal - take code, port it on linux. All done and set! Magic!

Mr Zuckerberg - get yourself together. Please.


burkhard alexander pranke said...
May 15, 2012 at 8:10 PM

@kielBASS: i could imagine that the big deal are 1.6% or app 240 000 000 US$


burkhard alexander pranke said...
May 15, 2012 at 8:12 PM

@kielBASS: i assume the big deal are 1.6% or app 240 000 000 US $ ;-)


Post a Comment

How do u find the article? post a comment here

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...